B.Ed Programme 2020-2021
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
EDU 01: FOUNDATIONS OF EDUCATION
- Understands how education derives its relevance from social, cultural, economic and political contexts.
- Understands the role of various agencies in the Socialization of the child.
- Realizes the importance of Right to Education and the provisions made for realizing it.
- Examines the changing emphases on Education in the context of Globalization, Liberalization and Privatization.
- Identifies the contribution to education of western and eastern thinkers.
- Understands the relationship between education and development: at individual and national levels.
- Understands the Rights of the Child.
- Develops an insight into educational funding.
- Identifies the various causes for inequality in schooling.
- Develops the skills required to contribute towards a Knowledge Society.
- Understands the importance of educational planning and administration.
- Understands the importance of universalization of secondary education and the constitutional provisions for realizing it.
- Understands the need and importance of education for Promoting Pluralism, Population education and understanding education of the marginalized and efforts towards it.
- Explores the strategies for sensitizing the learners towards Secularism.
- Understands the Role of Government of India in Education.
- Understands the policies framed by the Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE)
- Understands the need of updating the National Curriculum Framework (NCF) by NCERT.
- Understands the Teacher’s Commitment to the learner, the society, the profession and
the basic values.
EDU 02: Learner and Learning
- Students will understand the growth and development of the learner through its principles, role of heredity and environment and its characteristics.
- Students will be able to learn about adolescents- characteristics, contemporary concerns and the role of a teacher and parents in handling the adolescents.
- Students will develop an understanding with the knowledge of individual difference, types and areas of individual difference among learners.
- Students will be able to understand and apply the various cognitive development theories in real classroom practice.
- Students will understand the concept and nature of learning process.
- Students will be able to apply the learning laws and theories in the real classroom situation.
- Students will understand the importance of Perception, gaining students’ attention, and the motivation.
- Students will also gain knowledge of factors influencing learning such as transfer of learning, problem solving and the importance of Thinking in learning process.
- Students will be able to apply the information processing model and its classroom implications.
- Students will learn about memory process, types and various causes of forgetting and the role of a teacher to curb them.
- Students will understand the role of guidance and counselling in shaping of an integrated personality.
EDU 03: Learning Resources
- The students will be able to understand about the significance of communication in the teaching-learning process
- The students will be able to differentiate between the facilitative and inhibitive factors and ways to enhance/overcome them
- The students will be able to understand the role of audio, visual and audio-visual learning media
- The students will be able to develop self-learning methods and to employ it.
- The students will be able to identify the role of a teacher in designing learning materials based on curricular objectives
- The students will be able recognize ICT as an integral part of modern day facilitative learning
- The student will be able to use an appropriate technology to address the needs of children in the classroom.
- The student will be able to adapt any technology to address the specific problems of children in the classroom.
- The students will be able to identify new technologies which accelerate learning knowing that the modern learner is a ‘digital citizen’
- The students will be able to manage the learning resources in a school to maintain and sustain learning
- The students will be able to recognize the significance of hands-on learning to foster learning.
EDU 04: Teaching: Approaches and Strategies
On completion of the course
- Students will be able to demonstrate his/her understanding of the changing concept of teaching
- Students will understand the relationship between teaching and learning
- Students will be able to use instructional skills/strategies effectively.
- Students will be able to use reflective practices for improving teaching and learning
EDU 05: SCHOOL AND CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT
On completion of the course
- Students will be able to understand the use of management principles for improving quality of education at secondary level
- Students will be able to understand the managerial practices in school- human and physical resources management.
- Students will be able to understand importance of classroom management.
- Students will be able to describe approaches to classroom management
- Students will understand ways of preventing problems in managing a classroom
- Students will be able to explain the role of teachers and the principal in ensuring a vibrant school and classroom climate
EDU 07-08: METHODOLOGY OF TEACHING ENGLISH
By the end of the course the student-teacher will be able to
- Communicate effectively in other subject matter areas in general, and English Language and Literature in particular.
- Equip themselves with the requisite linguistic skills for teaching the adolescent child in the secondary school context.
- Develop thinking skills (analytical, synthetic,(critical, creative).
- develop intercultural understanding and appreciation.
- Promoting positive attitudes toward the target language and culture.
- Plan and implement communicative activities for skill integration in ELT.
- Use Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL) and the Language Laboratory.
- Check on the efficacy of Audio-Visual Devices along with authentic learning materials for the language classroom.
- Be able to conduct a Project on Spoken English
- earn the stages of test construction and administration
- LPlan and implement project work and write a project report.
- construct and administer a Unit Test
- Acquaint oneself with the skills of preparing rubrics and using portfolio assessment
- Cope with the challenges of continuous comprehensive evaluation
- Conduct intervention programmes for remediation and enrichment.
- Consider strategies for their continuing professional growth.
- Acquaint themselves with the rudiments of modern English Grammar.
- Acquire a functional knowledge and use of the English language for communicative and academic purposes..
- Speak and write grammatically correct English.
- Learn proper pronunciation skills with the IEPA (International English Phonetic Alphabet)
EDU 07-08 METHODOLOGY OF TEACHING MATHEMATICS
On completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Identify the aims and general objectives of teaching secondary school mathematics.
- State specific objectives in behavioural terms with reference to concepts and generalizations.
- Teach students different kinds of mathematical knowledge using the appropriate approach and strategy.
- Evaluate learning of concepts and generalizations.
- Identify difficulties in learning concepts and generalizations and provide suitable remedial instruction. .
- Understand the importance of language in Mathematics.
- Explain the methods for teaching mathematical proof in the context of secondary school mathematics.
- Understand the nature, importance and strategies of problem-solving..
- Teach proofs of theorems and application to solutions of problems based of these theorems.
- Acquire and develop problem solving skills.
- Evaluate understanding of proofs of theorems and problem-solving skills.
- Understand the qualities of the mathematics teacher and apply the different approaches in the development of the curriculum.
- Understand the correlation between:
- i.The different branches of Mathematics
- ii.Language and mathematics
- iii.Science and mathematics
EDU 07-08 - METHODOLOGY OF TEACHING SCIENCE
- Students will be able to describe the interdependence of scientific and technological literacy on our lives.
- Students will be able to design activities to enhance scientific and technological literacy.
- Students will be able to develop practices that are responsive to a diverse range of students.
- Students will be able to identify appropriate objectives according to Revised Bloom’s Taxonomy.
- Students will able to design age appropriate lesson plans.
- Students will be able to construct various support materials (charts,models,graphic organizers,worksheets,flannel board cuttings,magentic board).
- Students will be able to construct web based teaching using web 2.0 tools.
- Students will be able to employ information and communication technology to enhance science teaching.
- Students will be able to appreciate the constructivist and objectivist approaches to science teaching.
- Students will be able to employ Models of Teaching in the teaching of science.
- Students will be able to design assessment tools ( checklist,rubrics, observation schedules,tests) for performance assessment and written assessment.
- Students will be able to explain the basic skills and integrated process skills of science.
- Students will be able to design strategies to develop scientific attitude.
- Students will be able to locate science organizations, magazines and events for professional development.
- Students will be able to organize activities to create motivation for learning science (science club, debates,projects,exhibitions,field trips,drama).
EDU 07-08: METHODOLOGY OF TEACHING HISTORY
Students will be able to –
- Explain the changing concept of history.
- Justify the place of history in school curriculum.
- Write lesson plan and unit plan.
- Integrate ICT and relevant instructional materials in teaching and learning of history.
- write different types of test items.
- Evaluate a given history question paper and history textbook.
- Explain the need and means of professional development of history teacher.
- Explain different techniques/strategies to develop historical understanding.
EDU 07-08: METHODOLOGY OF TEACHING GEOGRAPHY
- The students will be able to define various definitions of Geography.
- Students will be able to understand the concept of Geography in the context of Men-environment relationship.
- The students will be able to develop an understanding to the nature of Geography and its importance in day today life.
- The students will be able to define Geography as a basic discipline and the place of local Geography in Teaching.
- Students will develop their understanding in learners centered approaches in teaching Geography.
- Students will equip the knowledge of preparation of lesson plan, unit plan, and year plan.
- Students will be able to learn various skills in preparing teaching aids in teaching Geography.
- Students will be able to explain why there is a need of separate Geography room in schools, conducting Geography exhibition and use of community resources in the school.
- Students will develop the skills of using different tools in teaching Geography.
- Students will develop the skill and attitude necessary to make pupils appreciate the natural environment in which they live.
- Students will develop the skill of evaluation in preparing blue print, designing a good question paper and other various tools of evaluation in Geography.
- Students will come to know about natural environment, importance, and its types.
- Students will develop an understanding of totality of environment, environmental degradation and spread awareness regarding these issues.
- Students will develop an understanding to compare different major physical divisions, types of climate and different natural vegetation of India and Goa.
- Students will learn about various resources and its conservation.
B.Ed Programme 2020-2021
PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Developing committed, technology savvy, value-based and research oriented teaching professionals.
- Initiating them to lifelong learning and to innovative, interactive, activity-oriented and child-centred classroom teaching.
- Training them to create an environment in educational and social milieus that would promote communication, cultural diversity and national integration.
- Orienting them to the service of the community for its educational and socio-cultural resurgence.